[LAU] JACK on PicUntu devices (mini-pcs)

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon May 27 13:25:10 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 2:07 am, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 05/27/2013 10:55 AM, Dan MacDonald wrote:
>>   I'm not sure what to recommend in the way of
>> deb boards with SATA but I know that the cubieboard has SATA and its not
>> the only one but its one of the cheaper options.
>
> I've considered buying a Cubieboard but after having googled some
> read/write speeds I found out you don't gain that much with the SATA
> connection. Depends on the hard drive too of course. I then googled
> prices for SATA drives and realized it was getting too pricey.

My sense is that the reason for the extra SATA port is not for faster
access, but to unload the USB port of some of it's traffic. This should
make audio more reliable. It does on my atom based machine. A second
separate USB port would have the same effect. (not an internal bridge)

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net