[LAU] Some heavy metal/rock'n'roll

Arve Barsnes arve.barsnes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 19:41:51 UTC 2013

On 12 November 2013 20:24, Hartmut Noack <zettberlin at linuxuse.de> wrote:

> just great, where can I buy the vinyl? I mean it.
> On the peril you hate it: Blown away raised the very same feelings in
> me, I had when I first listened to Kyuss' Blues for the Red Sun aeons ago.
> Technically speaking I see some room for improvement though. The overall
> sound is just right, Drums *could* have more punch but this is a matter
> of taste methinks. And the performance gets thru in a quite direct and
> effective way. Much better than some sterile overpolished Stuff as known
> from FooFighters and the like.
>
> Another matter are some glitches I dare to hear, there seems to be an
> unvolutary hickup in Blown Away at around 3:00. If it is intended, I
> would make it more extreme. The bass at the beginning of the Real sounds
> a bit well... undecided.
>
> Still I want the vinyl, give to me it!
> Any chance to see you in Germany? Berlin? Hannover? I'd be there and as
> Bender would say: damn the expense!
>
> Thanks for the comments Hartmut (and others that have mailed earlier!)

I couldn't hear the glitch at 3:00 in Blown Away, but for sure there are
several that escaped my attention. Maybe you're talking about the chinks in
the solo right before this?

The bass at the beginning of The Real is unfortunately quite the mistake,
it was initially forgotten when recording the bass, and was recorded after
the guitars were done in a rather non-optimal rushed way. Maybe we will
redo it some day.

I wish we could afford to press up some vinyl, but that stuff is expensive!
We do have CDs available though. If we get moving down the continent I'll
bring you one ;) Or possible will be made available for sale on the
bandcamp soon, will have to look into that (not me that sits on the stock).

Regards,
Arve