[LAU] [semi-OT] Licences and your opinion and experience

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 12:20:09 UTC 2013

Hello dear all LAUers.

Time ago I did some research about open source/free software licences:
types, pros and cons, etc. I'm reviewing it and, given that I follow
and love many of the great projects and applications coded by members
of this list, I would love to here you're opinions (pros, cons) and
experience in practice and why you chose X licence for your project(s)
(business model or enterprise view in mind, 'cause you like it...).

I see that the most commons are GPL2 (some don't like yet the v3) and
GPL3. And nowadays with so many services in the cloud also AGPL, and
MIT or Apache as well with HTML and Javascript libs and artifacts.

Thanks as always for sharing your work and knowledge.

--
Carlos sanchiavedraz
* Musix GNU+Linux