[LAU] Glitch Caused by MIDI perhaps?

Kevin Utter kvutter at frii.com
Tue Nov 19 21:35:31 UTC 2013

Hi all.  I'm still having occasional audio glitch problems, and I frequently get 1 or more errors  in a log file like this:

ERROR: a2j_process_incoming: threw away MIDI event - not reserved at time 157016825

Is this a A2JMIDIBridge error?  If so, should this cause a complete audio drop-out at that point?  It seems I only have difficulties when recording audio with Nama from a softsynth playing from MIDI data.  I have no problems either with playback of MIDI sequences, playback of audio, or recording audio directly from a live sound-source.  There was some posts a while back about A2JMIDI not providing proper MIDI time stamps.  Could this be part of the issue?  Is there any reason to be concerned with Nama/Ecasound creating MIDI ports even when they're not being used?  I'm just throwing out thoughts here, because I'm not sure where to look for answers or how to test further.  It even occurs when recording a softsynth live, but of course I'm still using MIDI data to drive it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks much.

Kevin