[LAU] re Zoom R16

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 00:26:11 UTC 2013

I understand sync issues, but I would think that the latency of the
output device would have more influence than not having the playback
device's clock synced to the input.  I've never heard of a clock
drifting so badly that, for example, it took 3:05 to play back a 3:00
song.  I can't imagine anyone's playing to be of such exactness that the
lack of sample-accurate playback sync would possibly be noticed???  If
you are overdubbing over drum tracks, can you truthfully say that your
note start times are within 1/48,000th of a second??

--
---
My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:

  http://www.lateralforce.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]