[LAU] Finding new good filter settings for multiband compression

Raphaël Mouneyres rmouneyres at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 10:27:46 UTC 2013

Hello,
as of multiband compresion for mastering purpose, i use 4 bands most
of the time, as the low spectrum needs special attention.
My first consederation based on your frequencies, is they leave
frequency gaps between bands. I couldn't say this is not a way to
work, but i've never seen something like this before. In all my
experiences, either integrated multiband compressors, or parrallel
processed compressors always have crossing frequencies at the -3dB
point.
For example a three band multiband would be : Lowpass>350Hz ,
350Hz>2KHz, 2KHz>Hipass
Then you would adjust the crossover frequencies, compression settings to taste.
For a four band setup, a starting point would be : Lowpass>200Hz ,
200Hz>500Hz,  500Hz>3KHz, 3KHz>Hipass
Raphaël