[LAU] midi in python, 2 pygame.midi questions

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Fri Oct 4 22:07:12 UTC 2013

I used to use pypm but it has become a bit of a pain (in my case, I also
had to deploy on MacOSX which became almost impossible without jumping
through hoops). So I found portmidizero (https://gitorious.org/portmidizero)
which so far seems to be doing the job but I have not yet worked with it
extensively. However, you cannot install it with easy-install as there are
errors in setup.py (description repeated twice or something like that...
grab the gitorious source, hack it and do setup.py install). pygame  seems
like an overkill just for MIDI functionality...

Good luck.

Michał