[LAU] [ANN] meters.lv2 v0.5.1

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Mon Oct 7 09:59:58 UTC 2013

On 10/05/2013 06:56 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:

> Additionally it includes a Stereo Phase Correlation Meter (needle
> Display), an EBU-R128 Meter (also based on Fons' implementation) with
> Histogram and History display, a Digital True-Peak Meter (4x
> Oversampling, using zita-resampler), a Stereo Phase Scope (Goniometer)
> and a 31 Band Spectrum-Analyzer.

(insert usual friendly ridicule of animated VU meters here)

but hey, it does look nice! i've always had this fondness for jellyfish
meters. and the radar-style r128 meter is a very welcome addition to the
toolbox, having this history information at a glance is very helpful
indeed. thanks for sharing this!

built without problems and seems to run very smoothly.

i believe radar meters have a bright future in different applications.
for instance, to provide limiter history. fons' zita-dpl1 has short-term
history already, which is extremely helpful. but to imagine something
that listens to transport information and provides history of a whole
song, plus "locate to peaks" from the history so that i can manually
tame parts where the limiter cut in too sharply, that would be awesome.

i'm currently trying to make sense of the libcairo version number in
opensuse tumbleweed, but i guess our lady of the segmentation fault will
let me know if there is a problem...

thanks a lot,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net