[LAU] Theramin oscillator for LADSPA?

Lieven Moors lievenmoors at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 19:38:59 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 08:59:21PM +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 01:29:23PM -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:
> > > Apart from that the sound will be frequency and amplitude
> > > modulated by minute movements of the player's hands.
> >
> > True, that has a lot to do with the sound. I was thinking
> > a ribbon controller or a simple X-Y trackpad (or an OSC
> > thing on an Android tablet) would take care of that.
>
> It would have to have sufficient bandwidth and resolution,
> both very high on the original.
>
> Ciao,

I once emulated the frequency modulation with an arduino and a cheap IR sensor.
I don't remember the resolution of the arduino/IR sensor, but I got pretty good results.
I translated the distance values into frequency values, and I remember I had to
stabelize the input, by taking avarages over the values. If you used two sensors
like this, I think you could make a nice theremin controller...

Greetings,

lieven