[LAU] [LAD] io GNU/Linux V2 RC1 out :)

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan.osaudio at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 22:06:26 UTC 2013

>>> /opt union
>>> /root union
>>> /sbin union
>>> /usr union
>>> /var/cache/apt/archives union
>>>
>>> Enjoy :)
>>>
>>> MK
>>
>> Cool! Thanx for the tip.
>>
>> Just heads up.. I downloaded the newer iso and put it on the same stick with
>> dd. exactly the same procedure as with the prior iso. On my older Sony Vaio
>> dual core 1.6 2gb ram, the 1st one worked flawlessly. Desktop design and
>> eye candy really leaps out at you. The newer one... Enlightenment appears
>> to have a few quirks; not all windows responding or behaving correctly for
>> example.
>>
>> Regards,
>
> Strange it should work normaly, can you check the integrity of the iso?
>
> user at io:~$ md5sum io-live-hybrid-686-pae--2013.10.10-18.42.iso
>
> should return:
> 7110e2a708bfcd459d359e6f42be9510  io-live-hybrid-686-pae--2013.10.10-18.42.iso
>

> If it's all right you can try to put it again in the stick using dd, then
> reboot with it... if you experience problems, from the running io-live-
> hybrid-686-pae--2013.10.10-18.42.iso, try:
>
> user at io:~$ md5sum /lib/live/mount/medium/live/filesystem.squashfs
>
> should return:
> 32583b6171bb1d327385c70d1efd9712
> /lib/live/mount/medium/live/filesystem.squashfs

Ok, thnx. Ill check it out later.

 Clients like looking at 'eye candy'!!

 For my needs this looks like a good relay box, dedicated synth or remote unit in another room piped across netjack to main DAW.  I do want to try having it permanent on a single box to see how it runs. It's certainly much more spritely running from a USB stick vs a DVD.

Kxstudio became my staple OS awhile ago but I still use AV Linux on some machines also. Always open to new stuff such as this slick looking set up! Having SMB already set up is a hi 5 from me!!

Fanx!