[LAU] Fwd: Laptop choice

reSet Sakrecoer sakrecoer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 11:08:02 UTC 2013

Sorry Ralf... I hit the wrong button :(
Have a good week all!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: reSet Sakrecoer <sakrecoer at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [LAU] Laptop choice
To: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>

Agreed Ralf.

I run a similar setup, but it's not laptop. Same processor, but graphix is
Nvidia GeForce GT770 4Gb...

No problem at all. I can record and playback with the build-in audio card.
I did have to install the ethernet drivers manually for the motherboard.
Which took me some time to figure out (not so experienced) It's an MSI
motherboard.

Like i said, i'm no pro...just sharing my personal experience
Best of luck!

maybe i should add, that i run ubunustudio 13.04 on it....

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-10-14 at 18:18 +0800, michael noble wrote:
> > It looks like a reasonably powerful machine
>
> It's better only to reply, if the machine is tested. A "reasonably
> powerful machine" for Linux audio still could cause issues.

Set Hallström
AKA
reSet Sakrecoer
http://sakrecoer.com