[LAU] re Zoom R16

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Tue Oct 15 11:15:48 UTC 2013

Set Hallstrom wrote:
> lsusb lists my device. But unfortunately, aplay -l dose not detect it.
>
> I imagine it has something to with the fact that the r16 has 8 inputs
> and there for needs a non-standard driver.

Try recompiling the kernel with the following entry in
sound/usb/quirks-table.h:

{
	/* ZOOM R16 in USB 2.0 mode */
	USB_DEVICE(0x1686, 0x00dd),
	.driver_info = (unsigned long) & (const struct snd_usb_audio_quirk) {
		.ifnum = QUIRK_ANY_INTERFACE,
		.type = QUIRK_COMPOSITE,
		.data = (const struct snd_usb_audio_quirk[]) {
			{
				.ifnum = 0,
				.type = QUIRK_IGNORE_INTERFACE
			},