[LAU] Examples of synth/drum live performance Jack setups ?

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 19:20:38 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Barney Holmes <djbarney at djbarney.org>wrote:

> Hey, where do you play ? Do you mix records as well ?

Currently not, I did used to have a set of Str8 150's, and was mad into
beat-juggling / turntablism stuff... back in my day ;-)
I've not performed much recently, but hope to change that once Luppp is
released...

> I'll put together a blog post/tutorial about this. [drum sound generation
> in Yoshimi].

Looking forward to it!

>   Is Lupp open source ?

Yes, the new Luppp (as from video) will be released as open-source.

Even if it does crash it might be wise to release anyway so you get
> testers/bug reporters.

I've concidered it, and I'm currently asking a few "hardcore-testers" to
let me know what issues they're having. I'm recieving very useful feedback,
and implementing / fixing as much as I can. There's work to do yet.

As for the actual release, I'm developing the new Luppp under OpenAV
productions, which uses a donation/time release system:
www.openavproductions.com/support
Lets keep in touch, and see where we can find our ideal workflows in the
coming weeks / months.
Cheers, -Harry

PS: Jeremy, that's an awesome thread! I never knew it existed.. until now.
/me goes to read...