[LAU] new(ish?) open source source separation editor

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Tue Oct 22 11:38:36 UTC 2013

On 10/22/2013 10:52 AM, michael noble wrote:
> Has anybody had a play with this? Looks, and more importantly, sounds like
> it works well enough to do some useful, creative, and/or obnoxious things.
>
> http://isse.sourceforge.net/

It reminded me of http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/

isse seems much more specialized for the use-case at hand, though I
think you might achieve similar results with some VAMP plugins and
filters using sonic-visualizer.

Anyway, kudos to Nick Bryan et al for pulling this off and releasing it
in terms of the GPL. Judging from the publications and demos it's a very
interesting research project. Yet so far I'm out of luck to getting the
software to work [under debian].

ciao,
robin