[LAU] Lou Reed

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Oct 28 22:45:28 UTC 2013

When I yesterday read that he died, I couldn't get rid of one of his
songs. In my mined I heard one song again and again.

It's a well known song, while I prefer songs of The Velvet Underground,
yesterday none of those songs was in my mind, just that hit from him
bothered me.

This comes to mind by the the discussion about "I remember something my
father said when I was very small. "If you *really* enjoy something,
never do it as a job". He was right."

To make a living out of something often is far away from the good
emotions, ok, this is another thread.

What song comes to your minds, when thinking of Lou Reed?

I bet most will hear the same song as I did hear in my mind.

Is the song you hear in your mind, the best song he performed?