[LAU] another linux audio bashing thread on slashdot

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Tue Oct 29 11:40:08 UTC 2013

On Monday 28 October 2013 17:36:11 Leonardo Palomares wrote:
> I love to fix computers, even enjoy fixing friends windozee's pc, but when
> they tray to pay, I allways refuse to accept any.
> And tell them that I did because I like to do it, not for money, I feel
> like if they pay for it, I would no enjoy it anymore.

It is possible for money to serve as a demotivator in this way but it is not a
100% thing in my books.

> That's my mind state.

For myself, I think some of it comes down to the *demands* placed on me and
the interesting aspects of the work.

1. No demands, interesting work, - money = fine.
2. No demands, interesting work, + money = fine.
N-1. Demands, boring (or other nasty) work, + money = possible at times.
N. Demands, boring (or other nasty) work, - money = you're kidding right.

It also depends on what I am missing out on while I am doing whatever work I
am doing.

[The above is not vetted and comes with no warranty of correctness. I may
change my tune on further reflection.]

> Leo

all the best,

drew