[LAU] Lou Reed

Barney Holmes djbarney at djbarney.org
Tue Oct 29 13:44:10 UTC 2013

Quoting Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>:

> When I yesterday read that he died, I couldn't get rid of one of his
> songs. In my mined I heard one song again and again.
>
> It's a well known song, while I prefer songs of The Velvet Underground,
> yesterday none of those songs was in my mind, just that hit from him
> bothered me.
>
> This comes to mind by the the discussion about "I remember something my
> father said when I was very small. "If you *really* enjoy something,
> never do it as a job". He was right."
>
> To make a living out of something often is far away from the good
> emotions, ok, this is another thread.
>
> What song comes to your minds, when thinking of Lou Reed?
>
> I bet most will hear the same song as I did hear in my mind.
>
> Is the song you hear in your mind, the best song he performed?

I've always heard "hey, babe, lets take a walk on the wild side" over
and over for many years, but its not till recently that it came to me
very strongly, and what it is about. How we are "managed" and
encouraged to act like pets or tamed creatures. A truly liberated
human being can indeed by a wild thing, and that IS sadly scary to
some people, but some people can handle it, like Lou Reed could ?

DJ Barney