[LAU] options for hard real time kernel for raring 13.04

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Wed Sep 11 12:38:37 UTC 2013

On 09/11/2013 02:02 PM, Marco Donnarumma wrote:
> Hey Jeremy!
>
> Yes, that's the other thing I will try now, good to know it works on 12.04.
>
> My pain in the a... is that I have to use nvidia drivers, and had troubles
> some time ago with them and rt-kernels.
>
> Do you happen to know whether I need to patch nvidia support into the
> rt-kernel I build? (I guess so... just to be sure)
>
> thanks!
> best,

Hello Marco,

I'm using it with the proprietary Nvidia drivers because of
http://askubuntu.com/questions/232439/lubuntu-12-04-unresponsive-windows-with-certain-applications

You can find a patch here:
https://raw.github.com/AutoStatic/nvidia-rt/master/patch-3.0-rt-nvidia.patch

Iirc it applies cleanly to 3.2 too. Not sure about newer kernel versions.

Best,

Jeremy