[LAU] M/S EQ in Linux

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Fri Sep 13 03:14:55 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> However, modern crappy 200 W and more hifi equipment often only works
> when the music is insane loud, at sane levels the speakers and what ever
> else in the sound chain, are more biased, than at blast level. I had a
> neighbour who is young, with a modern hifi, who listened to black eyed
> peas or other crap that does sound as criminal as they do. The
> generation "I even listen to my music, when using the local public
> transport, at full power, by my smart phone speaker" owns gear that
> perhaps doesn't fulfill what should be expected for "HiFi" equipment.

Funny, or sad ... in the 60s and 70s phone companies boasted about the
fidelity and robustness of their landlines, and now we need to put up
with the crappy cell phone (which sounds like shit, and drops calls
more frequently than a whore's drawers). Stereo systems were installed
and balanced to a room, now it's a $20 pair of ear buds on a phone
playing a lo-res mp3.

And all this when it is easy and cheap to create very high quality
stuff. Something is wrong. I figure that this is why we die when we
get older ... we just can't stand the BS that modern life brings.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca