[LAU] timing issues when using ladspa plugin 1769 click

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Fri Sep 13 10:39:59 UTC 2013

[Florian Paul Schmidt]
> On 11.09.2013 00:46, Rusty Perez wrote:
>> Again, to reiterate, when I record, the click starts as I start the
>> recording engine, but upon playback, the click sortof studders as the
>> playback fades up, and then the click is no in sync with my recording.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Guessing:
>
> The LADSPA plugin has no information about the playback position. When you load
> a session (or instantiate the plugin) playback position at start it produces
> its first click right away once playback starts and its run function is called
> for the first time. Now run the plugin for some amount of time. It will
> internally always advance time, never taking into account how the playback
> position changes when you relocate.

What Flo said.  If you can, it's probably the easiest for you to
record the click track once and mute as needed.

The Click plugin resets to time zero when the host calls its
activate() function.  Although it cannot tell the current transport
position, it should never stutter.  If you've found a way to make it
stutter, please send me a recording of its output and/or detailed
steps to replicate the problem.

Tim