[LAU] jack - ardour - CPU

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Thu Sep 19 18:24:02 UTC 2013

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013, Fero Kiraly wrote:

> when I start Jack, there is in transport RT 2%,
> then when I start ardour the percentage rise up to 34% - is that ok ?
>
> (i am asking becaouse i have some problems & I am trying to resolve
> them)

For a fresh Ardour 3 session, that seems awfully high.  If you load a
session that uses lots of plugins, it might be more normal.  (I have a
session I'm working on now that has a load about like that.)  It all
depends also on how fast your CPU is.

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky