[LAU] Jack does not see USB sound card Boss Micro BR-80

Erik Steffl erik at zasran.com
Thu Sep 19 23:20:40 UTC 2013

On 09/19/2013 02:46 AM, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Erik Steffl wrote:
>> aplay -l
>> card 2: BR80AUDIO [BR-80(AUDIO)], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
>
>> Boss Micro BR-80 seems to be recognized properly but qjackctl does not
>> list it in Set under any of Interface, Input Device, Output Device
>> choices, I only see /dev/dsp, /dev/audio, plughw:0 and hw:0.
>
> "hw:2" should appear in those lists.  Did you start QjackCtl before
> plugging the device in?  Can you start Jack manually with
> "jackd -d alsa -d hw:2"?

   started qjackctl after the device was plugged in,

   starting jack manually seems to be working (also tested wiuth
ardour2, both recording and playback works).

   Does that mean there is a bug in qjackctl? Using the version in
Ubuntu 13.04 which is qjackctl 0.3.9-2

   Here's what jackd prints out when started manually:

erik at jojda:~$ jackd -d alsa -d hw:2
jackdmp 1.9.10
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2013 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
audio_reservation_init
Acquire audio card Audio2
creating alsa driver ... hw:2|hw:2|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback

   thanks!

	erik