[LAU] [LAD] Community Interaction and Working Together

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Sep 20 12:35:31 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-09-20 at 14:14 +0200, Alex wrote:
> I'm glad you asked! :)
>
> A fully functional, comprehensively tooled up (including keybinding
> functionality for as much as possible) jack midi sequencer, that doesn't
> do audio or plugins (we have decent apps for those already), but does
> midi......comprehensively. (and including properly functioning MMC, MTC,
> bank and patch management, a full set of keybinding functions for as
> much as possible, including navigation, folder tracks (containers) for
> handling a lot of tracks, a complete pianoroll toolset for
> input/edit/remove including bindings for things like toggle step input,
> just to name a few.....)
>
> And a gui that works, and saves position, size and midi clip values like
> CC lanes assigned per track that display in the pianoroll (1st violins
> track might have velocity/volume/pitchbend/modulation CC lanes, and
> tubas might only have volume and velocity, as an example)
>
> Did i mention keybinding functionality for as much as possible?
>
> And complete non-session-manager and OSC functionality?
>
> That should keep you busy for a while. :)

I would like to get this too, but + audio recording ;).

Especially a mute and unmute clip function, the most missing thing for
Qtractor, the sequencer I'm using.

And this mixer thingy Cubase for the Atari does provide, to set up real
time hardware synth editors, that can be used by a sequencer track.
Turning of running status send to hardware synth would be nice too.