[LAU] end-user oriented info on OSC

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Fri Sep 20 20:20:35 UTC 2013

Am 20.09.2013 11:37, schrieb Dave Phillips:
> On 09/20/2013 03:25 AM, Hartmut Noack wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am searching for information, especially manuals and howtos on OSC
>> that address the end-user side.
>>
>> Imagine a musician, that uses Ardour and wants to use its OSC-capabilities.
>>
>> Do you know any howtos for people, who want to use a MIDI-controller to
>> send OSC to software under Linux?
>>
>> Especially I would be interested in informations how to use OSC
>> *without* using PD-patches. Or, if that is not available, anything to
>> download and simply open with PD that allows end-users without any
>> programming-skills to use OSC under Linux.
>
> Hi Hartmut,
>
> Old article but maybe helpful :
>
>      http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/introduction-osc

Thanks for the link, I have read it some time ago (like many of your
articles ;-)) It gives a good explanation of OSC basics and has some
interesting info for devs(and quite dev-like users) as well.
But I search for manuals for end-users, that just want to follow a step
by step howto to use their OSC-app on their Android device to control
software like Ardour or AMS in Linux...

For TouchOSC one can write custom setups, basically in some XML-dialect.
I think I can do that but I do not know, how to make such a setup
connect to, say Ardour or a DSSI-Synth...