[LAU] paustretch_stereo.py and 24bit files?

Peter P. p8rpp at aol.com
Tue Apr 1 19:57:50 UTC 2014

Dear Paul,

thank you for the command line version of paulstretch! Iterestingly
when I load a 24bit wav file into the GUI version, it gets accepted
(at what point in the processing is its wordlength reduce by the
way?). When I try to run paulstretch_stereo.py with any non-16bit wav
file It refuses to work, giving the error below.
Is there a reason the GUI version accepts these files and the python
version does not? I need to batch-process a large number of files, so
the command-line version would come in super handy. I can always
reduce the wordlength of the files myself before the processing, I
just thought i'd ask :)
Thank you again for these wonderful tools!
best, Peter

Here's the error:

paulstretch_stereo.py -s 4 -w 0.22097 24bitInfile.wav outfile.wav
Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch (Paulstretch) - Python version 20110222
by Nasca Octavian PAUL, Targu Mures, Romania

stretch amount = 4.0
window size = 0.22097 seconds
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/scipy/io/wavfile.py:147:
WavFileWarning: Chunk (non-data) not understood, skipping it.
  WavFileWarning)
Error loading wav: 24bitInfile.wav
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/paulstretch_stereo.py", line 149, in <module>
    (samplerate,smp)=load_wav(args[0])
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable