[LAU] paustretch jack routing, audiofile bug, and truncated outfile

Peter P. p8rpp at aol.com
Tue Apr 1 21:08:26 UTC 2014

Hi Paul, dear list,

in both the debian packed version of paulstretch 2.2-1 and the latest
git checkout, its jack version will automatically connect only the
first output of the application to all available audio out devices,
also for stereo files.

When compiled without jack support, its playback at least on my box
here doesn't start, throwing:
"AInputS::seek 0 0 590601 - possible audiofile bug (it always seeks to the end of the file)"

When rendering the stretched soundfile to disk the end of the file
gets truncated abruptly. Compared to the python/command-line version
of paulstretch it gets cut off 1.463 seconds earlier

Is there anything I could do to get around these problems?

Thank you Paul and list for providing this beautiful software and a
great community support.

best, P