[LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Wed Apr 2 08:50:27 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-04-01 at 22:18 -1000, david wrote:
>> But Bach and Mahler and many (if not most) of what we now consider
>> "classical and/or/great" musicians wrote for the same reason: to write
>> something that people would pay money for.
>
> I've got the impression that Franz Schubert's intention to make music
> wasn't the money. I even have the impression that Ozzy Osborne's reason
> to make music isn't the money.

I don't think there is necessarily a conflict between what a musician
wants to do, and what lots of people want to hear, and are potentially
willing to pay for. Could it be that some are just lucky enough to be
able to do what they really want to do, and still find a viable market
for it?

--
//David Olofson - Consultant, Developer, Artist, Open Source Advocate

.--- Games, examples, libraries, scripting, sound, music, graphics ---.
|   http://consulting.olofson.net          http://olofsonarcade.com   |