[LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:01:35 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:

>>> [*] Assuming JACK is running, which is a precondition for the two
>>> software
>>> to be running.
>>> [**] Assuming the default midi out for individual tracks hasn't
>>> explicitly
>>> been changed to something else, e.g. a softsynth. But by default
>>> Rosegarden
>>> will use 'General Midi out' for new tracks or for imported midi files
>>> [***] Qsynth can actually be configured to autoconnect to jack Output. In
>>> this case this passage isn't necessary
>>
>> Yes, this is what I more or less expected to read :)
>
> So? Is it really _that_ complicated? How exactly would you like it to be?

In Ardour 3: in the Add Track dialog select an instrument from a
dropdown list. That is all.

It works just fine for Pianoteq, TAL NoiseMaker, Calf's synths, Loomer
Aspect etc.

Also, the audio outputs of tracks are automatically routed to the
master bus, so you don't do any jack plumbing to make a bounce unless
you specifically want to process some of the data via an extra audio
bus.

Alexandre