[LAU] Album recording layout...

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Fri Apr 4 22:07:53 UTC 2014

On 04/04/2014 07:19 AM, Set Hallström wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use Ardour. One project per track. Once all these are arranged mixed
> and exported to an "album master folder" (which in addition to the
> project fodlers also contain everything usefull to the record, such as
> album art and text material), i use another ardour project for the
> mastering with JAMin.
>
> Hope this is helpfull to someone.

same here, with one exception: my "mastering" session has one track per
final track for the cd. makes it very easy to apply per-track eq and
dynamics (if necessary), and global stuff (limiting or eq) goes into the
master bus. all tracks are on their final places in the timeline, with
no overlaps except if a crossfade is required.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net