[LAU] MIDI hardware with Linux

F. Silvain silvain at freeshell.de
Sun Apr 20 05:54:11 UTC 2014

Kevin Cosgrove, Apr 20 2014:
> I'm trying to figure out how to interconnect the *MIDI* of the following:
>
> - M-Audio Delta 1010 hardware MIDI ports
> - Mackie Control Universal hardware MIDI ports
> - Alesis QS8 hardware synth
> - a2jmidid software MIDI interface
> - Ardour jack-MIDI ports
>
> What can you folks advise?
Hey Kevin,
I've got the same card and I use MIDI everytime I work with my system.
Why do you use a2jmidid, when JACK has its own option?
jackd ... -Xseq
Valid for JACK1 and JACK2 (JACKmp).
I don't have an external mixer (I assume the Mackie is one) but I have synths. Depending on the software I'm running I use jack_connect or any patchbay I like or the software itself offers a way to connect to a jACK port directly. I've never used Ardour, so no help there.
If there is a particular problem along the way it will be easier to answer. I hope this helped some.

> Thanks...
>
> --
> Kevin

Ta-ta