[LAU] MIDI hardware with Linux

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Apr 22 17:07:25 UTC 2014

On 04/22/2014 04:07 AM, Martin Peach wrote:
> On 2014-04-21 20:10, Len Ovens wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 21 Apr 2014, Brent Busby wrote:
>>
>>> me, I found that while the Delta 1010 worked fine for audio, the Midi
>>> function seems to be broken (driver bug?).
>>>
>>> I also have an Edirol 3in/3out USB Midi interface that works great.
>>> So in summary, my experiences:
>>>
>>> Compliant USB interfaces:    OK
>>> RME Multiface II:        OK
>>> Delta 1010:            Midi doesn't work in Linux
>>
>> Wow! a linux serial driver that doesn't work?  :)  Does anybody else
>> have this experience with other ice1712 based devices? Or is this more
>> of a HW problem?
>
> I have a 1010 on a debian machine and a 1010LT on an ubuntu setup. They
> seem to work fine on debian-squeeze and ubuntu-precise as far as audio
> and MIDI go.

I had heard that 1010s worked fine, but don't remember anything about MIDI.

My only encounter with a 1010LT was on a Windows system, where it worked
fine. The guy who own the Windows system had far more problems with
Windows and the big-money commercial software on it than he had with the
card. But he wasn't much of a MIDI user.

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community