[LAU] Audio measurement at LAC 2014

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Tue Apr 29 18:27:16 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 05:57:31PM +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 04/29/2014 03:59 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
> > If you attend the workshop you can bring your laptop
> > and audio interface [*] and have it calibrated against
> > a precision RMS meter so you can later use it to
> > measure other things.
>
> very nice! Will there be pliers and hotglue or similar crazy-glue
> available so that one can permanently fix the dials of the soundcard in
> question? I'm planning to bring a UA-25.

For a UA25 you'd need a soldering iron to remove the pots
and replace them by fixed resistors :-)

The older UA5 (which I will bring) has an advantage in having
line inputs (on the back) that bypass the mic preamp. They have
a gain control, but it's just a passive pot which you can safely
turn to maximum. All this was removed on later models to make
place for MIDI connectors...

Ciao,

--
FA