[LAU] JACK on Pi... almost working

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 02:30:30 UTC 2014

On 01/08/14 15:42, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

> What I like about the RPi is that it is afaik still the cheapest board
> available. It also has a huge community and it's not being run by a
> company but a foundation with a non-profit goal.
> For real-time audio purposes it is certainly not the best choice, but
> then, what do you expect for that price? And what do you expect from a
> device that is made for educational purposes, not real-time,
> low-latency, pro audio?

yes, and by doing it they have probably pushed others to try harder, and be more
open (in fact sometimes a lot more open than Broadcom has allowed for the
raspberries) ... which is also a good thing. But it is also important to let
people know what they are capable of, and when something more powerful is required.

Simon