[LAU] Why does PHASEX sound so damn good?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Aug 9 16:07:58 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 09, 2014 at 09:11:15AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> You are being too kind, Ken.  Has this list gotten so genteel you can't
> use more descriptive terms?

If you refer to the 'crappy', I wrote that, not Ken.

To see what I mean:

<http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/phasex-mellow-pad.png>

All I needed to get that was loading the 'mellow-pad' patch from
sys-patches and hit a C-Maj chord. Output level as indicated by
jkmeter was +9.5 dB FS. Which means that all that would remain
of this after DA conversion was full scale DC for a second or so.

Mellow, indeed.

Ciao,

--
FA