[LAU] Why does PHASEX sound so damn good?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Aug 10 09:44:29 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 09, 2014 at 06:38:39PM +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:

> I've had a few tries with phasex and it sounded interesting, but never got on
> with it because of information overload - too many controls all visible at
> once :(

The problem here is not the number of controls, but the lack of
visual hints normally provided by layout, sizes and colors.
All the controls look the same and are in a single line in each
module so the only way to know which is which is to read the
labels. It's a pity because obviously some work went into the
GUI - it was just not based on ergonomic principles.
Another strange thing is that signal flow is right to left.

Ciao,

--
FA