[LAU] Jack transport - was - Ardour/Muse Jack tempo lock

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Sun Aug 10 17:31:12 UTC 2014

On August 10, 2014 09:24:12 AM Len Ovens wrote:
> Tim E. Real wrote:
> > I believe it is crucial that all the apps (MusE included) use the complete
> > full feature set of the Jack Transport API for the best accuracy.
>
> Is there a record enable in there? It seems to me it would be worthwhile
> for recording audio in one application and MIDI in another or for punch in
> out. The application would choose to see or ignore such a signal.

Mm, no such signal in the Jack Transport API that I know of.

But there are Midi commands for such things like play stop record etc,
 some of which MusE does recognize, but some are waiting to be added.
Not sure about the full 'record' family of Midi commands, must check
 which have been added... I think basic record start and stop are supported.

Tim.