[LAU] [Bulk] Re: Jack transport - was - Ardour/Muse Jack tempo lock

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Aug 10 19:56:31 UTC 2014

On 08/10/2014 07:47 PM, Tim E. Real wrote:

> PS: While on the subject...
>
> Regarding LADSPA and DSSI and VST DSSI plugins:
>
> Many of them report a latency through a 'latency' output port. But
> is there a standard? Do some report frames of latency while others
> report in milliseconds?

LV2 it is always in audio samples
http://lv2plug.in/ns/lv2core/#reportsLatency

With LADSPA, I don't know an official spec, but an output control port
with the untranslatable name "latency" (all lowercase) is assumed to
report the latency in audio-samples.

VST also uses samples, but for the API spec you'll have to check
yourself. I don't know for DSSI.

ciao,
robin

PS. latency need not be an integer number, there can be sub-sample
latencies.