[LAU] jack: interface selection has no effect

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Mon Aug 11 00:10:22 UTC 2014

On 08/10/2014 03:53 AM, Len Ovens wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Aug 2014, Max wrote:
>
>> selecting a different interface in qjackctl has no effect.  i
>> can't use the external soundcard, because jack stays always with
>> the internal one. any ideas what causes this symptom?
>>
>> i am running pulse on top of jack like this:
>> http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/PulseOnJack

Len, thanks for trying to help me out - appreciated. But I am more
confused than before.

> That is the hardest way to do it.

to do what?

> qjackctl expects (as installed) to use jackdbus.

i have no jackdbus package in my apt sources available, what's that?

> If you wish to use qjackctl with jackd you have to turn dbus off in
> the qjackctl settings. However, if jackd is started externally and
> not from qjackctl you will still not be able to stop jackd.

with dbus turned on or off I have the same symptoms: that changes in
jackctl have no effect.

> The only reason to do things this way is that you are using jackd1,
> if you are using jackd2,

jack2 is running

> and you have dbus running in the session anyway, then run
> jackdbus.

$ jackdbus
jackdbus should be auto-executed by D-Bus message bus daemon.
If you want to run it manually anyway, specify "auto" as only parameter
$ jackdbus auto

?

> If you wish to run it from the command line use jack_control start.
> If you start it with qjackctl first with the settings you want,
> that will be enough, other wise you will have to learn how to set
> parameters with jack_control. There is no man page so try
> jack_control --help

I wish that the settings in jackctl will have effect.

m.