[LAU] jack: interface selection has no effect

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Aug 12 02:52:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, Max wrote:

> On 08/12/2014 04:41 AM, Len Ovens wrote:

>>> Len, thanks for trying to help me out - appreciated. But I am
>>> more confused than before.

>>> to do what?
>>
>> Pulse on jack.
>
> Would you suggest that your method is better and should be the
> canonical way to do pulse on jack? If so, shall we write up an
> alternative WalkThrough on the jackoudio wiki that helps people
> setting that up?

I certainly think using jackdbus when dbus is present is the better way,
Not so sure (yet) if my exact setup is best. It has only been in use for a
few months. It is also not quite finished. I need to package it at least
for debian which I am reasonably familiar with and perhaps the old tar
ball method too. I have not done a good look at the depends yet :)  and
would like to add a config gui for autojack. It is written in pyqt and
shell script.

> Is that software you use (wrote?) something you want to share?  It
> looks very useful.

In due time. I thought vacation would give me some time to finish it out
so it was distributable.... alas, I have not had any time to myself, but
camping was fun too :)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net