[LAU] sound fonts/patch files

LM lmemsm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 16:27:10 UTC 2014

I'm trying to find some sound fonts/patch file sets to use with
programs like Timidity and to figure out what licenses they're
available under.  Of course, there's the freepats collection (
http://freepats.zenvoid.org/ ).  freepats-20060219.tar.bz2 has GNU
GPLv2 license.  Am also looking for other collections with Free
licenses.  I ran across timidity_tiny at
http://edge.beemulated.net/utils/index.php which looks really
interesting because it's lightweight.  However, was unable to find a
license with it.  Tracked earlier copies of the files down to
KDEMultimedia's kmidi which says the license on kmidi is GPLv2 or
later.  With further checking, I found out many of the files were from
timidity_wow_samples.zip, timidity_drums_samples.zip,
timidity_base_samples.zip.  One sample was from propats 3 collection.
Not finding much on licensing for any of those files.  Does anyone
have suggestions for lightweight (or other) instrument
collections/patch files/soundfonts with Free licenses?  Thanks.