[LAU] Linux mixer

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Aug 14 15:08:17 UTC 2014

Hi,

regarding to some mixer issues with Qtractor, discussed at other lists,
I searched the Internet for a sane virtual mixer, but didn't find one
for Linux.

I need stereo or mono channels, it doesn't matter when stereo channels
only provide balance, it's ok, real panning would be better.

An insert (audio out/in) isn't needed, I could add an "insert" before I
connect to the mixer. Inserting LV2 and LADSPA effects would be useful,
but aren't too important, with one exception, each channel needs an EQ
(Fons' parametric EQ or a similar EQ) and I need at least one _post_
fader aux send to a sub group or at least to an aux return pot for the
stereo master sum. Pre fader aux would be completely useless. A mute
and/or solo switch would be useful too, not needed, but it's important,
that the mixer settings can be stored and restored.

Regards,
Ralf