[LAU] [Bulk] Update of zita-at1

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:06:18 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-08-15 at 15:05 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Zita-at1-0.4.0 is now avaliable at the usual place:
>
> <http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/downloads/index.html>
>
> Bugfixes, MIDI channel selection added.

Btw. I use two instances of AT1 to add strange phasing/panning to stereo
percussion and ambient synth noise. By mixing those strange signals with
the original audio stereo signals and checking the result with a phase
correlator I ensure that the result is ok and not completely insane. For
my usage it's wanted that the left and right channel aren't doing the
same, but perhaps it's useful to provide pitch detection by one channel,
to process two channels in the same way. I guess that usually vocals and
instruments are recorded mono when using an auto tuner is intended, but
perhaps sometimes people want to fix a stereo recording.

For AT1 and Rev1 I'm missing a config file, so I ended with using the gx
plugin for restoring the settings. Fortunately I can use AT1 with the
default settings (audio only, no MIDI). Funnily enough, I could use Rev1
more or less with the default settings, most important is setting it to
100% effect signal, instead of the effect/dry mix.

REV1 IMO is a very good reverb, but IMO it only provides one character,
good quality, very usable, but different characters would be nice.

Did anybody try to use AT1 to manipulate a synth sound's pitch? IOW on
purpose playing wrong notes, to get an auto tune effect. I guess I'll
test it with a very hard sawtooth. Perhaps an e. guitar could sound a
little bit like an old guitar synth?