[LAU] JACK not working with Audiophile 2496 anymore

Roger gurusonic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 00:56:37 UTC 2014

On 17/08/14 18:04, david wrote:
> I get these messages from JACK when I start it using QJackCtl, trying
> to use my AudioPhile 2496. This is running on Debian Sid, uname -a
> reports "3.14-2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.14.15-2 (2014-08-09) x86_64
> GNU/Linux" (but I was getting the same error on kernel 3.02.4 before
> that.) I am a member of the audio group.
>
> JACK starts and runs fine if I pick the "default" interface, but that
> doesn't play any audio through the Audiophile. (I have no idea what
> it's playing through.)
I had a similar issue on my siduction audio workstation install. I'm
using Cadence rather than QJackCtl but that shouldn't make any
difference. I think Jack was trying to use hdmi audio which was card0.
You need to make the 2496 card0 instead. I made an alsa conf file in
/etc/modprobe.d/ with these lines:
options snd_ice1712 index=0
options snd_hda_intel index=1

Now it works perfectly. Kernel is currently 3.16-1.towo-siduction-amd64
#1 SMP PREEMPT but 3.15 worked well also.
siduction so far seems to be excellent for audio. I started building
this dedicated to audio after several crashes with Mixbus in KXStudio
which most likely related to Ubuntu-specific window management.

Roger