[LAU] [Bulk] Re: Audacity on Ubuntu 14.04 is REALLY unstable

Luigino Bracci lbracci at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 15:07:20 UTC 2014

I suggest to try another audio backend with Audacity. In the past, we had
many troubles, hangups and crashes when using Audacity with Pulseaudio (the
default sound server in Ubuntu); the problems stopped when we switched to
Jackd. Unfortunely, it is not easy to use Jack in Ubuntu, because you must
disable Pulseaudio or install and configure pulseaudio-module-jack.

I prefer to use KXStudio, an Ubuntu-based distribution, because it
integrates by default Pulseaudio and Jack working together, using a custom
module called "Cadence". I work in a radio station, we have 12 workstations
with KXstudio and Audacity is full stable as a rock.

Bye.