[LAU] Delta1010: S/PDIF out has sync but no audio

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Aug 18 15:45:06 UTC 2014

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 07:43:21AM -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
>
>> - You are sending your audio out to playback_9 and playback_10
>
> If you know how to make vlc connect to those, please tell me...

VLC->pulse->jack or VLC->Pulse. Pulse does have an option to set the d1010
to "Digital Stereo Duplex" (s/pdif in and out) or "Digital Stereo Output +
Analog Stereo Input"

The pulse->jack bridge can be started with a custom number of channels
rather than two and with no auto-connect. VLC is a desktop app, use
desktop sound... which for most distros is pulse.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net