[LAU] [Bulk] Ubuntu Studio (was: Audacity unstable)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Aug 19 08:59:27 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-08-18 at 10:40 -0400, Alan McKay wrote:
> Hey folks, I'm thinking I might just install Ubuntu Studio tonight and
> run with that.

> The website does not seem to tell me the essential differences from Ubuntu.

Some are: - a customized menu
          - the lowlatency kernel
            (PREEMPT, resp. IIRC full PREEMPT), not PREEMPT RT

> Which desktop is used?

Xfce4

> Are there any other major differences I'll notice aside from this?

Yesno, make a new install, assumed there should be issues with the
installer, install Xubuntu and add the Ubuntu Studio meta packages.

Stay with LAU, but also subscribe to Ubuntu Studio Users.

--
http://iknowwhereyourcatlives.com/