[LAU] [LAD] [LAA] hrec

Egor Sanin egor.sanin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 16:12:09 UTC 2014

Hi Silvain

Thanks for trying it out!

On 8/21/14, F. Silvain <silvain at freeshell.de> wrote:
> Hey egor,
> thanks for the new tool. I just installed and ran into this error:
> *** cut ***
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/local/bin/hrec", line 19, in <module>
>      from pyeca import *
>    File "/usr/lib/python3.1/lib-dynload/pyeca.py", line 46, in <module>
>      from ecacontrol import *
>    File "/usr/lib/python3.1/lib-dynload/ecacontrol.py", line 77
>      print 'c=' + I._cmd
>               ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> I just updated ecasound from git and made sure it compiled with python3.1 .

Yeah at the moment I can only confirm that hrec works when run with
Python2 explicitly.  As I mentioned I had problems running it with
Python3.  As far as I know, the pyeca python module, which I use as a
bridge between hrec and ecasound, doesn't play well with Python3.

Try installing hrec with python2 explicitly, on Arch Linux it would be
like this:

$ python2 setup.py install