[LAU] ALSA: always use samplerate_best

Kaza Kore dj_kaza at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 25 01:57:03 UTC 2014

> Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 07:43:53 -0700
> From: len at ovenwerks.net
> To: emailgrant at gmail.com
> CC: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
> Subject: Re: [LAU] ALSA: always use samplerate_best
MP3s,
> Oggs and other compressed/lossy formats do internal resampling/filtering
> to match the desired output sampling rate anyway

What are you going on about? Data files do not do any internal resampling!!

On that note I've noticed my 48kHz mp3s do not play correctly on Rhythmbox, which uses GStreamer, but are fine in Audacious which doesn't. Rhythmbox is using the GStreamer Jack plugin as I have fully disabled PA though and wonder if this may be the issue... Anyway don't mean to derail the thread. ;)

Dale.