[LAU] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Sequencer suggestions?

Philipp Überbacher murks at tuxfamily.org
Tue Aug 26 16:46:37 UTC 2014

On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 18:36:30 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2014-08-26 at 16:23 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > >
> > > Thank you very much Fons :),
> > >
> > > just to be on the safe side, please don't add the patch inline the
> > > email, send an attachment. IIRC you know a pad sound that caused
> > > an DC offset, so please send the settings that caused a DC
> > > offset, it might be a good base to start editing sounds to test
> > > your patch.
> >
> > Not sure if attachments make it to the list.
>
> No :(. It doesn't matter, I will copy and paste and if needed correct
> them tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
>
> > The patch that gave the horrible DC offset in my test a few
> > weeks ago was 'mellow-pad' from sys-patches, I used the same
> > to test today.
>
> Ok.
>
> > I'm not the maintainer of the AUR package :-) Whoever that is
> > may be lurking here and pick up the fix.
>
> :D
>
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi phasex-git
> Name           : phasex-git
> Version        : 20130331-1
> Description    : An experimental MIDI softsynth with flexible phase
> modulation and oscillator/LFO sources Architecture   : x86_64
> URL            : https://github.com/williamweston/phasex
> Packager       : Unknown Packager
> Build Date     : Sun 07 Apr 2013 01:29:56 PM CEST
> Install Date   : Sun 07 Apr 2013 01:30:50 PM CEST
> Install Reason : Explicitly installed
> Install Script : Yes
> Validated By   : None
>
> Ouch!
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/phasex-git/ :
>
> Submitter:	rtfreedman
> Maintainer:	rtfreedman
>
> FirstSubmitted:	2013-03-31 20:22
> Last Updated:	2013-04-10 15:33
>
> ;)
>
> I'll forwarded this mail to archaudio-discuss at archaudio.org , but I
> feel responsible to do the work on my own.

And with the non-git package you can basically forget to get the patch
in, it is 'maintained' by speps who basically just sits on tons of
audio packages without doing anything. This is one 'trusted user' I
do not trust to close his own zippers. Better just create another
package, it will be faster by years.

I just tried to patch the git package but something goes very wrong
here. I get no error but it looks like the patch isn't applied either
and I can't get rid of the sed error either. I haven't done this sort of
thing in years.

Regards,
Philipp