[LAU] Successor/replacement for RME HDSP+Multiface?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Wed Aug 27 19:11:06 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 11:52:04AM -0400, Peter Lutek wrote:

> >I understand the Multiface II to be basically the same thing as the
> >Multiface I except for the analog headphone volume pot which will
> >only
> >suffer damage from transport and will start to crackle after one year
> >of (not) using it.
>
> interesting point! perhaps one could remove that pot? still, i look
> forward to suggestions of other replacements...

I've been using a Multiface II for some years, and the headphone
pot has never been a problem. But something else has: the silly
ADAT connectors wich have a shutter instead of a dummy plug to
protect them when not used. The shutter hinges (0.5 mm of plastic)
will break and render the connector useless. Not typical for the
Multiface but for all equipment using those crappy connectors.

Ciao,

--
FA